- Which medicine or any solution is best to stop the milk spit when a child drinks the milk and spit after drinking it ?
In most cases, NONE. If the baby is gaining weight, then generally no medicine is recommended for REFLUX (spitting milk). A good burp and keeping the child's head elevated after feed, should help reasonably in most cases.
Read more here
- Which medicine is best to control cold ?
In most cases in small babies, just saline nasal drops (NASOCLEAR) are sufficient in treating a mild cold. If the child is irritable, CROCIN drops maybe used too.
- Which medicine is best to control cough ?
Small babies less than 6 months old - NONE,
- Which medicine is best to control fever ?
CROCIN - Dose is calculated as a simple formula, CROCIN DROPS upto 4 times / day, no. of drops = double the weight, for example 3 kg child = 6 drops, 4 kg child = 8 drops every time, AS NEEDED.
- Which medicine is best for control the loose motion ?
SPORLAC / ECONORM packets 1 pkt twice a day mixed with 2 teaspoon of Expressed Breast milk OR boiled & cooled water / filter water.
- Which medicine is best for stomach ache ?
COLIC AID drops 3-5 drops 3-4 times/ day
- How to recognize stomach ache ?
Can be difficult, excessive crying without any specific cause, like a hungry, thirsty, excessively warm/ cold/ wet child, may all be attributed to stomach ache. Even a pediatrician may not really be sure about a stomach ache in many cases !
- What are the other useful tonics for baby's good health ?
None needed for a healthy good weight baby. Only thing I would recommend - MOTHER'S MILK ONLY (nothing else) for the first 6 months of life
- What is the tip for shoulder ace ....some time some people says shoulder has moved or changed the place ( Kandha Utar jaana) ?
No medical disease as far as modern medicine goes. If the child appears in pain due to any reason, you can give CROCIN
- What are the best powder for making child's health and intelligent ?
None are proved to work, otherwise wouldn't we all be taking them ! EXCLUSIVE BREAST FEEDING for the first 6 months is the BEST gift that you can give to your baby.
Friday, August 14, 2009
Some newborn frequently asked questions that I receive from parents
This is the response to a recent email I received from the excited and a bit apprehensive parents of a newly born